Welcome! The latest Research & Extension information on soybean production and management practices from the University of Nebraska-Lincoln. If you cannot find the information you are seeking in the menus or articles posted below, please email your question or information request to the research and extension specialist listed in the "Contact Us" section at the bottom right of this screen.
If you want to learn more about Nebraska Soybean Production in general, click here to view some charts of State Yield and Acreage Trends.
SOYWATER: SOYBEAN IRRIGATION DECISION TOOL-(Direct Link)
Irrigation management made easier for Nebraska's soybean producers. Answer a few questions about your field and a new online decision aid for irrigation management will provide you with field-specific daily updates of crop water use and soil water status. Suggests irrigation dates based on your criteria.
A series of videos helping you to learn how to optimize avilable water for crop production.
Learn how you can grow your soybean yields and benefit from Soybean Checkoff investments in UNL Research and Extension programs. Through a partnership of the Nebraska Soybean Board, the Soybean Checkoff via the United Soybean Board, and UNL Extension, UNL faculty share information for today’s soybean producers in five podcasts.
2013 Soybean CropWatch Articles
- Late Planting Provisions for Crop Insurance
- Tracking Air and Soil Temperature in Soybeans Planted April 29
- Transforming Scientific Knowledge to Ag Practices, Policy Essential
- Soil Temperature Comparisons for York
- Take Comfort Planting Delays Don't Signal Game Over
- How Cold Stress Affects Soybean
- ACRE or DCP?
- Data Show Nebraskans Planting Soybeans Earlier Each Year
- For Increased Yields Plant Soybeans in Next Few Weeks
- Update and Calibrate Your Precision Ag Systems
- UNL Extension Irrigation and Soil Courses Online
- Market Journal App
- On-Farm Research Sugar Applications to Corn and Soybean
- The Value of Residual Herbicide in Reduced Soybean Stand
- No-Till Planting Tips in a Dry Year
- UNL Market Journal-Global Soybean Shortage
- What's New with Herbicides for 2013
- Soybean Cyst Nematode 'Tode' Awards
- Early Pivot Maintenance for Application Efficiency
- Evaluating the Use of Pre-season Irrigation
- Nebraska Agland Values Up Again
- Driftwatch Identifies Nearby Sensitive Crops
- Up to Date 2013 Pesticide Labels
- Pre-season Irrigation CheckUp
- Spring Showers Welcome-Not Likely to Eliminate Deficit
State Soybean Records
As of April 2013:
- 5.1 million acres harvested (2010)
- 54.5 bushel/acre yield average (2009)
- 267,750,000 bushels produced (2010)
Nebraska State Agricultural Statistics